Natural Funeral Planning
Some useful links during the funeral planning process
If you are planning a funeral you will hopefully find this page useful. Below you will find some links and free resources to use when planning a funeral. The task of organising a funeral can be daunting, so we hope that the funeral planning links below will be of assistance to you.
OUR FUNERAL FAQs
Some of your funeral, cremation and natural burial questions; and our answers…
Do It Yourself Funeral Planning
Would you like to make all the funeral arrangements yourself? You can choose the full assistance of a funeral director, or just the aspects you want. You can find advice on deciding between cremation or burial, the types of coffin available and much more.
FREE GUIDE: Why not read our useful guide to help you with planning and arranging everything for DIY Funerals.
In our guide you will find useful information on:
- Do It Yourself Funeral Care
- Registering A Person’s Death
- Ordering The Right Size Coffin
- Funeral Arrangement Ideas
- Cremation & Burial Options
- Transporting The Body
…and much more.
Document Your Funeral Wishes
It is important to ensure that you share your wishes; in the event that you may become incapable of doing so in the future. These resources will assist you with documenting your funeral wishes. So that you can rest assured they will be fulfilled.
- Parting Wishes Create a list of your funeral wishes
- MyWishes Another place to document your funeral wishes
- Funeral Inspirations Free funeral arrangements planner
- Dying Matters My Funeral Wishes form
Funeral Planning Resources
Here are some more useful websites to visit when planning a natural funeral or green burial.
- The Good Funeral Guide – goodfuneralguide.co.uk
The Good Funeral Guide is a non-profit social enterprise company. Wholly independent from the funeral industry and dedicated to supporting, empowering and representing the interests of dying and bereaved people living in the UK.
- The Natural Death Centre – naturaldeath.org.uk
If you are looking for help, support, advice or guidance with planning a funeral, either for yourself or for someone close to you; the Natural Death Centre Charity is here for you.
- British Humanist Association – humanism.org.uk
Humanists are people who shape their own lives in the here and now; because they believe it’s the only life we have. They make sense of the world through logic, reason, and evidence; and always seek to treat those around them with warmth, understanding and respect.
- Death Café – deathcafe.com
At a Death Cafe people drink tea, eat cake and discuss death. Their aim is to increase awareness of death; to help people make the most of their finite lives.
- Bereavement Counselling Directory – counselling-directory.org.uk
Bereavement counselling can give you support during these very difficult times. Find a counsellor in this directory to help you cope with your grief; and adjust to life without your loved one in it.
Natural Burial Grounds in UK
Below you will find a list of woodland burial sites and natural burial grounds in the UK. They have been grouped by region and are in no particular order. Sussex Willow Coffins do not specifically recommend any of these UK natural burial sites. This is intended to be a resource for reference when planning a natural burial.
Natural Burial Ground Sussex
- Woodland Valley Natural Burial Ground, Brighton & Hove, East Sussex
- Hastings Borough Cemetery, Hastings, East Sussex
- Clayton Wood, Hassocks, West Sussex
- Burgess Hill Burial Ground, Burgess Hill, West Sussex
- Cuckfield Cemetery, Cuckfield, West Sussex
Woodland & Natural Burial Sites in Southern UK
- Clandon Wood, Guildford, Surrey
- Eden Valley Woodland Burial Ground, Edenbridge, Kent
- Acorn Ridge, Newbury, Berkshire
- St Albans Woodland Burial Trust, Bedford, Bedfordshire
- South Downs Natural Burial Site, Hampshire
- Breach Farm Woodland Burial Ground, Hampshire
- Yealmpton Woodland Burial Association, Devon
- Atlantic Rest Natural Burial, Cornwall
- Beer Cross Woodland Burials, Devon
UK Midlands Natural Burial Grounds
- Tithe Green Burial Ground, Oxton, Nottinghamshire
- Sun Rising, Lower Tysoe, Warwickshire
- Humber Woodland of Remembrance, Herefordshire